Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Online Collaborative Inquiry

Students who have been taught how to blog and from whom blogging is assigned task are enjoying the benefit of improved performance in schools.

I cannot recall any recent instant when a student refused to do a computer based assignment. With an enrollment of 25 students and 4 computers, I allow some who arrive early to have computer time as early as 20 minutes before the official start of the school day.

My wish is to be a skilled blogger so I can get my students blogging. I know my students will benefit from haaving international friends. They'll eagerly anticipitate responses from their blogs. And, they will be conscientious in responding with the best comments.

The dialog will enhance their performances language arts and current and international matters.

To you who have done blogging with your students, would you agree that digital learning holds students' attention to task? Also, do you have data to support its affect on learning?

1 comment:

  1. Ita,

    I agree that computer time can be a powerful "carrot" for students. While I also have yet to introduce blogging to my students I do have a enough computers for everyone in my class and can say that, like anything, they can get burned out on them especially if the task lacks specific direction.

    Just like classroom assignments there is a tough balance to negotiate where you go slow enough for those who are struggling without frustrating the kids who are flying on ahead.

    ReplyDelete